College Prep Algebra 2 (Honors) / PreCalculus*
Mondays and Wednesdays 11:45 - 1:25 (3 hours 20 min weekly instruction)
Classes begin August 20, 2018 and are held in the Allied Gardens/Grantville area of San Diego.
- Pre-requisite: Proficiency with Algebra I and basic Geometry concepts. (Pre-class placement evaluation to be posted soon. Students who are close to this level may be able to fill gaps as they go, if they are willing to work hard to so. Ask the instructor if in doubt.)
- Minimum 6 students, maximum 12.
- Tuition $440 per semester.
- Materials: Precalculus: Mathematics for Calculus, 6th Edition (Stewart/Redlin/Watson), Hardcover or Paperback is fine. This is an earlier edition of the textbook currently used by Grossmont College for Math 170 and 175, and it can be purchased used for about $25. A TI83/84 Plus series graphing calculator is required. If your family does not own one a limited number will be available to rent for $10 a year.
- Please see Class Overview for general information on class structure, instructor, etc.
- Fiona M.
- Dave R.
- Benjamin W.
- Eesa K.
- Elijah V.
- Keenan C.
Contact Julie Brennan for additional information.
* Class may be counted on a high school transcript as either an Honors Level Algebra 2 course, or a high school level Precalculus course. This is the most rigorous course I teach and is specifically structured for students who plan on taking a college course in the next year or so. Students do not have to be "gifted" to succeed in this course; a student's work ethic has been the more significant factor of success if they have attained a basic Algebra 1 / Geometry base coming into the course.